Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Technology

(Dog Using Laptop Computer: Public Domain Pictures)

Like I mentioned in my previous blog post, I have never had a class like this, so this kind of classroom environment is very new to me. However, I have had some experience with the technological tools mentioned. I had a very simple blog several years ago, so I have some experience with posting. I also was the webmistress for my sorority last year, so I have experience with Wix. Because of my previous online experience with websites, I had to get familiar with editing images, but that wasn't too new to me because I always liked tinkering with basic editing websites online. Lastly, I have to make a lot of graphics for my sorority, so I have used Canva a lot for flyers and packets, but I've never made any memes.

For the most part, I have a very basic knowledge of web skills, so maybe I'll get to utilize them and maybe even expand on them during the duration of this course.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that sounds GREAT, Elena: your Wix and Canva skills will both be so useful in this class. The website-building tool I have documented for people to use is Google Sites, but Wix offers so many more options than Google Sites, and of course you can use Canva graphics anywhere -- in webpages, blog posts, Twitter, etc. I hope you will have fun creating things to share with the class this semester! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elena!
    I definitely just clicked on this because the picture was awesome! I have no idea what the title "webmistress" means but it sounds cool.
    Also, I wanted to answer the questions you posted on my blog! Another guy on the trip took that picture using his phone while balanced somehow (I guess he's not afraid of heights?). And the love/hate relationship is mostly because every time we would start out on the trail in the Pecos on day 1, I immediately regretted not being in shape.

    ReplyDelete