Sunday, January 13, 2019

Week 2 Reading Overview

Ramayana

I like the second option better because there's online option, which is more convenient for me. Also, I like how the parts are organized into links, so it is easier to access.

Comic Books

Guide: Tales of Balarama
I chose this comic because I thought it was interesting that there is a character that has a tale of reconstructing the geography of India. I am curious as to what events led up to him change the landscape and why he did it.

Guide: Vasantasena, A Dancer
This comic really grabbed my attention because somewhat it reminds me of a classic Asian drama (TV show). There's a love triangle, there's crime, and there's social challenge between the elites and the lower class.

Videos

Power Women of Hindu Mythology
I always love learning about the successes of different, no matter what subject or era. Some of my favorite women were Kali, who was the slayer of demons, because that's just pretty darn cool and Amba, an angel, because she waited TWO lifetimes for vengeance. That's quite a long time if you ask me.

R.I.P.
The afterlife is a fascinating topic to learn about, and I like how the video not only explained the system of reincarnation but compared it to other religion's ideas of the afterlife.

Image

(Shantanu and Satyavati: Wikipedia)

This image caught my eye because I am a fan of realism art, and I also like how I can see such clear emotions on the faces of both the subjects in the piece, but I can't really determine exactly what is going on or tell exactly what their emotions are.





No comments:

Post a Comment